Ceramic Button Making with Margaret Glackin (Sunday AM & PM)
Sunday 28th September
10.30am – 12.30pm (2hrs) & 1.30pm – 3.30pm (2hrs)
A fantastic opportunity to create a number of unique ceramic buttons to your own design which you can use on your own special projects (an item of clothing, a cushion, bag, etc)
On the day you’ll learn the techniques for making ceramic buttons from scratch, this includes clay preparation, cutting, texture and colour. The cost includes glazing and kiln firing by Margaret after the workshop and your buttons will be available for collection either from her North Leeds (Roundhay) studio, Fabrication in Leeds City Centre, or (for an additional £3.50) via post (mainland UK, price will differ outside this area).
No previous experience is necessary.
- Coloured slip
- All tools related to the process
- Process notes
- Sample ideas and colour chart
Students need to bring:
- An overall/apron
- Optional – Pastry/cookie cutters to make button shapes (some will be available)
- Optional – Cloth remnants with raised shape (eg lace) or embossed stamps
- Ideas of button shapes/designs or a project you have in mind eg coat, cushion, bag
Cost: The workshop costs £30.
Time: The workshop lasts 2 hours