Last updated on 19th July 2021. Please note these measures are subject to change in accordance with Government guidelines.
We understand that visiting a large event after 18 months in lockdown may seem daunting but please be assured, the safety of our visitors, exhibitors and Yarndale team is our number one priority to ensure everyone has a great day at the show. As well as following all government and industry guidelines, we’re working closely with the authorities and safety consultants to ensure our event is as COVID-safe for everyone as it can be.
We have been listening to the government guidance as well as your feedback and will be taking the following precautions to maximise the safety of everyone in the show.
- Staggered entry times which visitors will select when booking tickets. Please ensure that you arrive within the 30 minute arrival time window specified on your ticket. This will help us to manage the queues and avoid congestion on entry as much as possible
- Separate entry and exit points. Visitors will be directed to the designated doors for entry and exiting the Mart.
- Visitors will receive a map when they enter the show indicating the suggested route to follow and giving the key safety features for visitors to follow.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout the venue. All the exhibitors have been asked to provide hand sanitisers to use before touching the products. Please do bring your own as well.
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of public areas, toilets and touch points around the Mart.
- Exhibitors and tutors have been asked to undertake an Enhanced Risk Assessment to ensure they are COVID-19 secure in line with government guidance.
- Skipton Auction Mart is a large, very well ventilated area. To increase the ventilation, we will be opening more shutters.
We encourage visitors, exhibitors, volunteers and staff to wear a face covering in any situation which is crowded or while in close proximity to other people. We do however recognise that there are circumstances preventing people from wearing a face covering and staff will not challenge or ask for evidence from visitors who advise that they cannot wear one or who make the personal choice not to. We hope that all visitors will be respectful of other people’s decisions.
Help Us to Help You
It’s vital that we all follow the guidance outlined above to protect ourselves and those around us.
We really encourage you, where possible, to get vaccinated and take a lateral flow test before you come. Please be kind and help keep our Yarndale community safe by doing so.
Please follow the government advice in relation to symptoms and isolation and do not come to the event if you feel at all unwell or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following symptoms:
– a high temperature
– a new, continuous cough
– a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
Do not leave home if you have been instructed to self-isolate.
Anyone in a high-risk category should refer to the Government guidance before deciding to travel.
If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, we will respectfully ask you to leave.
Wherever possible, ensure you follow public health guidelines whilst in public and wear a face covering.
Maintain an appropriate distance from fellow visitors, exhibitors and staff wherever possible.
Use hand-sanitiser regularly throughout your visit, especially before touching any of the products.
To ensure guidelines are followed, there may be increased waiting times and queuing throughout various aspects of your visit. We thank you in advance for your patience.
We thank you for your support and understanding in helping our Yarndale community and showing kindness to each other.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above information, please contact us at: [email protected].